For a cover
Case n° 1 : You made a cover of an existing song and you did not modify the lyrics, nor the melody, nor the structure (for example Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus etc)
You will then have to indicate when submitting the release in the third step: Details by track that this is a cover. If the track is present in the list, select it, some fields will possibly be pre-filled, otherwise select The track is not present in the list, and you can then create it, making sure to put the authors/composers/original song publishers. You can find them on this site: Sacem directory.
Legally speaking, the original rights holder always reserves the right to request the removal of your cover.
Cas 2 : you cover an existing song but you have modified/cut the lyrics, modified/cut the melody, or changed the arrangement.
This is not a cover but an EDIT, and you must obtain permission from the copyright holders (author, composer, publisher) to be able to distribute on TopMusic. You will then need to send us the relevant documents via our contact form.
For a remix
You meet one of the following conditions:
- You used all or part of the original recording,
- You edited or cut the lyrics,
- You changed or cut the melody,
- You have changed the basic arrangement (eg Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus etc.) or musical genre.
Therefore you did a remix. To be able to distribute a remix on TopMusic, it is necessary to obtain the authorization of the copyright holders of the original version (author, composer, publisher) but also the authorization of the owners of the audio recording of the version original (very often the label that produced this title).
You will then need to send us the relevant documents via our contact form.
For a translation
A translation is you are in one of the 2 cases described above, so you must have the authorization of the copyright holders (author, composer, publisher) of the original to be able to distribute your song on TopMusic.
Case of a translation of a worship song :
Whether it is a translation written by a third party or by yourselves, you need to know if there is an official registered translation. To do this, please consult LTC songs list.
- If there is an official translation, this is the one that must be used in the case of a cover.
- If the translation you use is different, you won't be able to get permissions to distribute your cover on platforms.
- If you use this official translation on your cover please contact our partner LTC directly to study your translation and obtain the necessary authorisations.
- If there is no official translation filed, please contact our partner LTC directly.
For an instrumental
You can follow the classic release deposit steps. When creating a new music track, you can check the box Instrumental.
For a compilation
To create a compilation, contact support directly. You cannot do this directly through the web interface.
Attention : You must own licenses for all the tracks you want to include in your compilation. If the compilation includes songs for which you do not yet own the licenses, you must obtain an appropriate license from the owner of the recordings, in most cases the label that originally released the song. You will need to provide these contracts when requesting the build repository.